XMind, Ltd. collects your personal information to provide you with our products and services in the most convenient and user-friendly way.
- Account-Related Activity. Certain products and services offered through our website (collectively, including all content and technology available through the XMind.net and XMind.org domain names, the "Site") such as downloading XMind software and accessing the XMind Share service require you to have an XMind account. We ask for certain personal information when you create an XMind account, including your email address and a password, which is used to protect your account from unauthorized access. Meanwhile, your XMind ID and password will be saved through particular encryption. Any one including XMind, can not access your XMind account without your personal authorization. When you purchase our products and/or services, we also collect necessary personal information such as your contact and payment information in order to complete the transaction.
- Usage Information. We may record information about your usage, such as when you use the Site, the channels, groups, and favorites you subscribe to, the contacts you communicate with, the content you view, and the frequency and size of data transfers, as well as information you display or click on in the Site (including UI elements, settings, and other information). If you are logged in, we may associate that information with your account. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. "Web Beacons") in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
We may also ask for personal information related to your use of our products and services when you contact our support staff by phone, download software updates, participate in one of our online surveys, or register product information.
- Content Uploaded to Site. In general, any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, within your profile pages, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others (collectively "Public Content"). If a "private sharing" feature is available to you and your uploaded content is enabled only for "private sharing," then XMind will exercise commercially reasonable efforts to restrict access only to the people whom you specify in your contact list for that content.
- Data storage and transmission with XMind Cloud. Any content uploaded to XMind Cloud will be protected by XMind Ltd to the greatest extent. Industry standard encryption(SSL) is used to protect your data transmission with XMind Cloud, to avoid that your XMind files (including texts, photos, and attachments inside files) are visited, tampered, revealed or damaged during uploading or downloading without your authorization. We request the file storage service companies to strictly perform the obligations of data confidentiality. If the obligations are not well performed, they will be investigated for legal responsibility or their cooperations with XMind will be terminated.
- If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the Site, we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the general and personalized features and functionality of the Site, and to process any flagging activity or correspondence you send to us.
- Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other users of the Site when you upload content or send messages through the Site and other users can contact you through messages and comments. Any Public Content that you submit to the Site may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public.
- We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major Site changes or for customer service purposes).
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous and aggregate user usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Site and our products, and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, analyzing, and processing user preferences and trends, as well as user activity and communications.
INFORMATION THAT IS PUBLICLY AVAILABLE
- When you create an account on the Site, some information about your account and your account activity will be provided to other users of the Site. This may include the date you opened your account, the date you last logged into your account, your age (if you choose to make it public), the country and the number of content items you have viewed.