- Persona is a humanized view of your customer
- A Name and a role
- to identify subjects
- Who is this user?
- What makes them tick?
- Use photo
- Day in the life
in your area of interest
- What problems, needs does the persona have in your area?
- Instead of using your product, what do they do right now to solve this problem/meet this need?
Your value proposion
- What product ideas do the problem scenarios and current alternatives give you?
- ‘A certain [Persona(s)] exists…
…and they have certain [Problem Scenario(s)].
Currently, they’re [using certain Alternatives], but…
…if we [offer our target Value Proposition], then…
…we'll observe [success through Pivotal Metrics- acquisition, onboarding, engagement, retention, etc.] .'
The Venture design process
- The first item
As s [persona], I want to [do something] so that I can [deliver a benefit]
- who you’re talking about
- what they want to do
- how you’ll know if they were successful
- testable narrativ
- at the beginning of any project
- to motivate you and your Team
Make Better a Product/Offering
personas help you answer
- problems (jobs, desires, etc.)
- guide to be successful
- interface patterns and comparables
- happy paths and headline modalities
- to obtain outstanding outcomes
Execute Better Promotion/Growth
Growth Hacking Canvas
- Write Better User Stories
- Run Better Lean Startup Experiments
- Facilitate Better Interdisciplinary Collaboration
- Does the description reflect what you’ve learned about key facets of what makes them tick? Their day?
- Can you think of at least 5 examples of the persona?
- Does the ‘Think’ reflect the tension between how they’d like things to be vs. how they are now?
- Does the ‘See’ reflect the points of contact and influence you’ve observed?
- Does the ‘Feel’ speak to the emotional drivers that you think will motivate action?
- Do you know what the persona specifically ‘Does’ in your area of interest? How much/how often?
- Does your interview guide draw out the answers to the above?
- Does your day in the life shed light on key moments in their day?
- Did you push yourself to test actionability of the persona with Google AdWord concepts?
- Does such persona exist?
- Can you identify them?
- Do you understand them really well?
- What do they TSFD in your area?
- QUESTIONS FOR INTERVIEW
- Tell me about [yourself in the role of the persona]?
- Tell me about [your area of interest]?
- Tell me your thoughts about [area]?
- What do you see in [area]?
- What do you feel about [area]?
- What do you do in [area]?
- use open-ended question
- Day in the Life Boards
- start with one
- depends of project
Agile Meets Design Thinking
Venture Design Template
A lot of software that users don’t like and don’t use
- ⅔ for existing products
- 90% failure rate for new products