Teaches Writing Workshops ever since she wrote her first book at age 7
Aspires to be a
- Talk show host
Why are students different today
- Some really smart people cam out of the old-school
But the world is different
- Old colonies now compete with former home countries
- Theh playing fileld has expanded from your community to the world
Who do students need to become?
- Capability to learn
- comfortableness with uncertainty
Got her a laptop at 6. Gave her confidence to write, because she wasn't limited by her handwriting.
- Book -- Flying Fingers
- Imagine if my parents were afraid of technology
- If you are, you are limiting your students
Tech can be inexpensive
- Google Apps
- References how some churches are using tech to connect with youth...
Not just Technology
It's you (teacher)!
- You must innovate
- We need to break down the walls of the classroom walks