Weighted Shortest Job First
- prioritization model used to sequence jobs (Features, Capabilities, and Epics) to produce maximum economic benefit
- is used to prioritize backlogs by calculating the relative CoD and job size
- Cost of delay (COD) /Job duration (size)
Cost of Delay
- What is the relative value to the customer or business?
- Do our users prefer this over that?
- What is the revenue impact on our business?
- Is there a potential penalty or other negative impact if we delay?
- How does the user/business value decay over time?
- Is there a fixed deadline?
- Will they wait for us or move to another solution?
- Are there Milestones on the critical path impacted by this?
- What is the current effect on customer satisfaction?
Risk reduction-opportunity enablement value
- What else does this do for our business?
- Does it reduce the risk of this or a future delivery?
- Is there value in the information we will receive?
- Will this feature enable new business opportunities?
- Planning Poker
- Create a Matrix: The job with the highest WSJF is the next most important job to do
- use Fibonacci sequence to our estimates