- Wiki: Automation is the technology by which a process or procedure is performed without human assistance or help.
- Techopedia: Automation is the creation of technology and its application in order to control and monitor the production and delivery of various goods and services.
- Oxford Dictionaries: the use of largely automatic equipment in a system of manufacturing or other production process
- Wiki: In software testing, test automation is the use of special software (separate from the software being tested) to control the execution of tests and the comparison of actual outcomes with predicted outcomes
- Techopedia: Test automation is a term used in software testing and some other kinds of IT related testing or quality assurance. It means that there is no human input required to generate a test. Different kinds of test automation help businesses to pursue goals like software testing with fewer resources, or in more efficient ways.
- @SmartBear: Test Automation software is the best way to increase the effectiveness, efficiency and coverage of your software testing.
- James Bach: Test automation is any use of tools to aid testing.
- Automation is a complete or partial human replacement,
While test automation helps a human to provide feedback and make right decisions as soon as possible