- Should students be required to turn their cameras on in online classroom?
- Why is this even a conversation at this time?
- Should camera use be assumed in online courses?
- What is reasonable expectation?
- California Schools
Current Research & Practice. Contextual emerging practice / theory / policy connections
Trauma Informed Teaching
- Cameras Be Damned
- UDL Principles
- Critical Digital Pedagogy
Hybrid / Online Learning
- Historical Perspective
- Community of Inquiry on Social Presence
- principles of community - institutional standards (example)
Privacy & Data Security & Informed Consent
Student/ Participant Rights
Educational integrity by avoiding harm and minimizing risk
Affect on student learning
- Video reactions from students on use of cameras
- Student Mental Health
- Power / Control Dynamic
Emerging oractice/theory/authentic contexts & learner's personal connection
- Role of the teacher online
Future Related Research
- Affects on future state
- Consequentialism - what are the consequences of the position for/against?