How to Prepare
How to research?
- company background, marketing, products, visions, recent activities
- be familiar with the job functions, required skills
- what to ask during Q&A
KNOW my resume
- professional experience, skills
- personality, strength, weakness...
What to wear?
company dress code
- formal dressing in finance, business, law, luxury...
- less formal dressing
- NO sleeping PJ
- make sure to clean up myself, put on a bit makeup
How to setup?
- clean background setting
- face the center, distance from the camera, not too far, not too close
- great daylight or soft lighting
- clear camera view, clear audio sound
- stable internet connection
- with a professional username and profile photo
How to rehearse?
- comfortable speech pace, tones, avoid any weird breaks or tags
- practice naturally speaking, not intentionally reciting
- mock interview with friends, alumni, or career center specialists
After the Interview
Keep in touch
a thank-you note
- send on the day after/at the night of the same day to thank for hiring manager's time, refreshing his or her memory
a follow-up email
- if haven't heard back for a week or longer
- even if rejected, try to send another email if you have updates on your resume to share or ask about any future/new opportunities
- summarize the interview questions, save for future practice