Where does learning happen
- Did use Blackbaord
- Using Moodle Now
- Also using Ning
Have students blog
- Students can keep it
- Or delete it
- Related is student ownership if their learning
- Personally owning the space, as the learner, is important
- Asks students at end of course to explay what they learned from classmates and how the contributed to the learning of classmates
Co-construct the criteria
Individuals can be assessed from the environment that they are more comfortable with
- Some are good bloggers
- Others are better networkers
- They become facilitators or serpas, Skyping in expertise & perspective
- Local practicioners
- Matches up students (pre service) with mentors
- Dean is having his student contract services to practicing teachers so that the relations is win/win...
Learning and teaching online
- Have a networked presence.
Find an appropriate mix of personal and professional
- Afterall, it is online and it's digital, and we need a personal sense of each other is critical to us, as human.
- Learning in the methods that Alec & Dean are describing provokes the "habit" of professional development...