- I love his picture of the ditto machine. It's an ad.
- His slides are tweeting.
In Glenbrook South
- 225 teachers
- Fairly affluent
- Try to involve kids in planning -- especially technology
- MP3 players
- But you don't see a lot of cell phones
- "Everybody I want to talk to iis here."
- Very few devices
- "Give is a reason"
Tech has changed
- Mac computer $1600 is now as powerful as our iPhone
- Only 6 million kis on Webkins
- 76 million on Poptropica
- Is it an appropriate environment for learning?
- But they don't want it in schooling. It's their space
65 million dollars from 2009 - 2011
- so how are we building those spaces.
- Digital experiences enhance what kids are doing -- why not in school
- Does there need to be a "front of the room"
Digitla Youth Project from Mimi Ito (read it)
- Friendship-based activities
- Interest-based activiities
- Their good at social tech
Not so good even at basic operation concents
- File structure
- Making video