Last week, Lifehacker.com launched a new event, and asked people to nominate which mind mapping tools they thought were the best. Because they believe Mind mapping is a great way to brainstorm, make a plan, or turn ideas into the steps needed to make it real.
The good news is that XMind has received the enough nomination, and is in the Five Best Mind Mapping Tools list. Now, XMind is still waiting for your precious votes for the final ranking.
Thank you for support and vote!
Me again to share some frequently asked questions in last month.
How could I change XMind display language?
XMind: XMind v3.1.1 has 5 language packages, English(en_US), Germany(de), Japanese(ja), Simplified Chinese(zh_CN) and Traditional Chinese(zh_TW). While you launch XMind, it will select the language pack depending on your computer’ formats. If your language is out of them, XMind will use English package as default.
Of course, you can decide which package your XMind use. It’s simple too.
- Find out XMind.ini file*.
- Open with any text editor tool.
- Add the following two lines file to the beginning:
- First line: -nl
- Second line: en_US OR de OR ja OR zh_CN OR zh_TW
*XMind.ini file is at
the XMind installation folder on Windows/Linux or
the application package on Mac (Application folder/XMind (right click)/Show Package Contents/Contents/Resources/XMind(right click)/Show Package Contents/Contents/MacOS)
The second question is asked many times by some companies’ users. We are behind the proxy, how to use XMind Pro or upload map?
XMind: When XMind is launched, there will be a sign-in dialog. After signing in with your XMind Account, you can share the map with the world or enjoy all Pro features. If you access the internet via the proxy, you should have the same settings in XMind too.
Please modify the network settings at: Preferences/Network Connections.
The third question is a bug, losing inserted image. Some users insert images into XMind. But these images sometimes disappear after re-opening the XMind files.
XMind: This is a bug. After testing, we find it happens if you open the XMind files which have the inserted images via double-click. And we are trying to fix it in the coming version.
Thank you for all people who offer the feedback. If you have any questions or suggestions about XMind usage or XMind bugs or anythings, tell us.
Thank you all again!
Another important thing we would like to share with you is:
Our website, XMind.net has been revised successfully.
Here I list some major changes of our website:
- More attractive Home page: More friendly and good-looking design. You will find the target information easily.
- New website with many improvements, especially can work fluently on any browsers.
- New Downloading: Save your time, be nice, considerate to you. Two editions, one Package only.
- Better viewer for your online maps: Make every effort to build perfection.
At last, on this Thanksgiving Day, we also would like to take the opportunity to thank you, our friends, thanks for all your support, thanks for being with XMind for so long time. We believe that with your support, your understanding, your patience, XMind can get better and better. We are so deeply grateful to all of these, and we will take this as our forward momentum!
Wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving Day!
November 23, 2009 — XMind, a leader in mind mapping, visual thinking and collaboration software, today announced XMind 3.1, a major release of its award-winning product. New XMind will be more accessible to a broader audience and more powerful for professional users.
Here let’s know about the changes in this powerful new version:
- Default Theme, now makes it easy to use your favorite theme and even your own designed theme in new maps.
- Brainstorming Mode, help you get sparkles easily and save more time.
- Powerful Search, now works among all workbooks, which means you can fast find out useful information in all open XMind files.
- Relative Link, lets XMind be able to your assistant to manage files better.
- Export to PDF(Map), offers another option to share our maps with the world.
- Sorting Topics, helps us review the whole plan handily.
- Enhanced spellchecker, could be our great assistant in work. It not only tell us which is wrong, but also what the right is. Another good news is that we can add our own dictionary file(.dict) into XMind.
- XMind has the new online update system.
- Fishbone: If changing map’s structure to fishbone, add summary to a topic, drag and add more topic into this summary, click print, the layout is chaos. When reopening this map, the layout will be chaos too.
- Extract Theme: If we extract a theme(named theme 1), close and reopen xmind, then extract another theme(its name will be the theme 1 automatically,), change its name (like to be theme 2).Now when we reopen XMind, the theme 2 is lost.
- Context Menu: Only in the first sheet of the first workbook, select a topic and right-click mouse, you can see the full context menu(including markers, and structures).
- Upload map: If we add some special theme or style to a map and upload it to http://share.xmind.net/, then download this map and open it, all special theme and style will disappear.
- Import XMind 2008 file: If the map has wallpaper, that wallpaper will lose after being imported.
- Import FreeMind 0.9: Some Freemind 0.9 files can not be right imported into XMind.
- Extract style: Sometimes, your extracted style will disappear after re-launching XMind Pro.
- Export dialog and others works well on Ubuntu, esp 9.10.
- Copying multiple lines which begins with “Tab” will cause XMind crash.
- Some other bugs fixed.
- You can open XMind files via double-click on Mac OS.
- XMind works fluently on Mac OS 10.4.
- Improve the Spell Check in XMind.
- Improve the Find and Replace.
- Improve the Notes.
- XMind Pro users can use XMind Pro offline.
- Some other improvements.
Want to know more? Download and try Now. It’s our honor to hear your voice.