After more than one year’s hard working, XMind 2013 beta 2 is finally coming, which will be a new milestone of XMind’s history. It is so powerful and professional for local networking collaboration, exporting to universal format, making a beautiful mind map and etc. Now, join us and get a sneak peek of the brand new XMind.
1. Local Network Sharing (huge new feature)
It has been designed to share XMind files within the local networking area in a creative and productive way. It’s really a huge new feature, costing our one year to ship. Working with it, we can interact with out colleagues by sharing our mind maps with one clicking. And XMind can save the modifications to the shared mind map. More important, we can send messages to particular persons within the local networking area in a friendly and creative way. Of course, we can also check the shared mind maps of other by double clicking the target one in the Local Network Sharing view. What an amazing thing is that this important new feature is totally free. You can find more details about this important new feature from Local Network Sharing.
2. Export to Microsoft Excel/CSV
For the first time, we can export our XMind files to Microsoft Excel and CSV. By this way, we can get a totally different perspective. Firstly, we can quickly overview the ideas and the task information within one single page. Secondly, we can better focus on the ideas without visual noise. At the same time, organizing the ideas can be easier and faster. More important, XMind has prepared 3 different layouts of the datasheet for different situations.
3. Export to SVG (in vectors)
Exporting mind map to the image, we may find it blurred when we zoom in. But now we can check and print the mind map at any scale as you like by exporting to SVG. By this way, we can check the details of our mind map in a clearer view.
4. New marker
The new XMind has a totally different marker design. Firstly, we’ve redesigned the markers for a uniform style and we’ve added some new markers, like People, Arrows, Symbols and Month and Week. More important, the marker can resize automatically to fit the topic font for better presentation.
5. New Clip Art
“Clip Art” has taken the place of “Gallery” and it is a metaphor to the big changes. Actually, we’ve redesigned all pictures for a fresh look so that we can express our mind more concise and precise. And the new “Clip Art” has more images than the original one. More important, we can import our own images for further usage by just dragging and dropping them into the “Clip Art” view. Also, people can collapse and expand the different section freely.
6. New templates
XMind can not only be used for business analysis, but also organizing our everyday life. The newly added templates of XMind 2013 Beta 2 has proven. Working with the new template of six thinking hats, we can get a comprehensive and clear view of the situation quickly and effectively. However, we can also enjoy our vocation with a wonderful and creative travelling plan.
7. Export to Microsoft Word/PPT/Excel on Mac OS X (huge new feature)
Exporting to Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel is finally available on all supported platforms (Windows, Mac and Linux), even though there is no MS Office installed. This is a great break-through and we’re thrilled to recommend you giving it a try.
The new features also includes……
- Print the whole workbook
- Import from Microsoft Word
- Merge XMind Workbooks
- New style editor to design styles
- Reduce file size
Except for the new features, XMind 2013 beta 2 has also got some important improvements.
- Improved Export to Word/PPT/PDF/HTML
- Export to PDF(Map) in vector graphics
- The way to add external file
- Improved relative hyperlink
- Shortcut to switch within different sheets (Ctrl + Page Up/ Page Down for windows; Ctrl + Fn + Up/ Down for Mac)
- Focus on the topic in Gantt View synchronously
- The order of markers in a topic is as same as the order in marker view.
At the same time, most of the known bugs of XMind 2012 have been fixed. And I just list some of them below:
- XMind fails to launch after upgrading to Java 7.
- Menu bar is invisible when pressing “Esc” key to quit the Brainstorming or Presentation mode on Mac OS X.
- XMind fails to open the file on Mac OS X with Java 7 when the file name contains non-ASCII characters.
- The hyperlink will be exported into recognizable code.
- XMind fails to locate to the collapsed topic when double-clicking it within the search view.
- Italic font can’t display correctly on Mac.
- There is no hyperlink information of the notes when exporting to Word or PPT.
- File with non-ASCII characters in name will show “?” in recent opened file list.
- XMind crashes when we close the internal browser
PS: For Mac users, we’re sorry to say that the “Info.plist” file of XMind 2013 beta 2 has been written XMind 3.3.1 wrongly, but not XMind 3.4.0b2. It’s our mistake, leading XMind displays the incorrect build number by selecting “Finder/Get Info”. But we will fix it so that it won’t appear again in XMind 2013 stable version.