It’s Thanksgiving day again. Thank you very much for all your support to XMind and our company.
This year, there are many many emails, and phone messages from our users. Some submit the bug about software. Some share their suggestions to improve XMind. Some point out the mistake on the website. Some just say the Thank you to show their support to us. We say Thank You!
We also want to say thank you to some third organizations, which support xmind file format (for example The Biggerplate and Wikisummarizer), or offer local xmind-related service to users (Please see XMind partner list ). Thank you very much!
Below is a map about Thanksgiving. Hope you like it.
XMind Portable version is special designed for people who have limitation to install software on computers, or have to use XMind temporarily on other computers. The portable version is a zip file. Below are the steps to use it.
- Download this zip file at, http://www.xmind.net/downloads/. (You have done this. J)
- Unzip it to a clear folder, here named XMind Portable.
- In XMind Portable folder, there will be 5 folders, which are Commons, XMind_Linux, XMind_Linux_64bits, XMind_Mac_OS_X, XMind_Windows, and epl-v10.html, lgpl-3.0.html, readme.txt, xmindpro_licnese.txt and Usage of XMind Portable.pdf.
- Now according to your Operating System to choose right folder.
- Launch XMind and enjoy it.
So simple! No more advanced technique required. Occasionally, some people may use it in a wrong way. Take XMind_Windows for example, people may paste XMind_Windows folder into the Program file folder, and try to launch XMind. Yes, failed every time. Please remember that, if you want to move XMind Portable to another place, please move the entire XMind Portable folder instead of part of it.